Friday, July 11, 2008

two challenges--number card and 3 x's 3

Today I am using this card for two challenges, My Time to Craft, which asked for something with numbers on it, and also for Stamp Something who are asking for 3 layers, 3 colors, and 3 embellishments. I may have pushed the limit a little with that one, but it sorta fits!


The card has three colors, Always Artichoke, Pixie Pink, and White Shiny paper.

The inks are Always Artichoke, Pixie Pink, & Wheat which I have sponged on the shiny paper after I rubbed it with sand paper to give it a linen look. (not sure if it shows on photo)

I have three layers and then my main embellishment repeats the three layer colors.

My embellishments are the ribbon, the sandpapering, and the greeting on 3D sticky tape.

The stamp set is SU Petal Prints. I stamped off the color to give the light and dark to the background.

The greeting is computer generated.

And last, but not least, the green of the card is really even all the way around, even tho shadow makes the top look top heavy and uneven. I have a lot to learn about getting a perfect picture!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Very pretty! Love the colors, I haven't used those together before, I like them! :) Love how you've stamped the main image piece and the repeating layers. Great job with the challenge, thanks for playing along. :)

Erin... said...

So pretty!! The pixie pink is so bright and fun!! Looks great!! Love the focal image too! Thanks for joining us:)

Jo said...

Very elegant, love the colour combo. Thanks for joining in with the MTTC challenge this week :o) Jo x

Richelle said...

Beautiful Card! love the colors.

Lesley said...

Pretty card, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge this week xx

Melissa said...

So pretty!

Many Blessings,
M.

Marie Reed said...

I just saw that you have a whole card making blog too! I'm off to subscribe to it!