Friday, July 25, 2008

Golden Oldies

The Daring Cardmakers have a challenge this week for "golden oldies" using old favorites with none of the "latest" papers, stamps, etc.

So.....here's mine--it really is bare basics!

All Stampin' Up supplies

Retired stamp "The Art of Life"
Paper is Ruby Red, Garden Green, Barely Banana
I used pens to color the stamp
The word is from SU's Wonderfful Words

I stamped some background on the rose red , squirted a few sprinkles on the greeting part, sponged the edges around the flower. The "gauzeie-looking" background under the stamp is from the set. The ribbon is from my ribbon stock and it isn't looking too perky. Maybe getting smashed in the copier did it in!

I enjoyed this challenge, because I like things simple--as you can tell--this one is REALLY simple!!
Thanks for lettng me play.

8 comments:

Bev said...

Don't know about simple - it's gorgeous! Love the colours you've used

Rosanne said...

Beautiful card, love the elegance of it!

Jackie said...

I love simple too, it's lovely!

Jeni Glee said...

Joan, this card is absolutely beautiful; I can see this card framed and in a museum somewhere. The simplicity of this is what makes it even more lovely! I love it!

asia wu said...

I like the simplicity of this card, it's stunning!

SueH said...

I don't think your card is bare and basic at all, it's stunning.
Love the rich colours you've used.

Keryn Campbell said...

I love the colours you've used. Not so much a basic card but it is a style I love very much.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Lovely card. I love the gauzie background and the colours.