Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Friday Sketchers have a neat sketch this week. It is the first time I've entered, as their cards are all so outstanding, I'm a little embarrassed....but it is soooo fun to make something new.

The flower is folded circles. I am finding double sided papers in thin weight hard to find. This was pretty heavy paper, so the folding was a bit awkward.

My papers are from Stampin' Up. The prints and the pink are from a set called, "Berry Bliss". The solid color is "purely pomegranate", as well as the ink. The stamp is a single I bought at the stamp shop. The pearls are just from my drawer!
I used my square "nestability" set for the scalloped square.

Here is a close up of the flower.
Thanks for letting me enter a card this week.

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Marja Sch said...

You have made a lovely card. Very cute Hugs Marja

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Very beautiful card. Great colors and I love that flowers you fold. Also like the little pearls. Thanks for joining in. Love from Holland.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card and such a pretty flower...fabulous! Thanks for trying my sketch at FS, hope we see you again!
Carole ;o)

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous flower, lovely papers. I don't think you need to be embarrassed since this card is fabulous

scrappy jen d said...

Dearest Portland Granny,

I LOVE THIS CARD!
JUST BEAUTIFULLLLL!!!!
The colors are just "mine"and the way you folded the flower.......
Great JOB!
By the way...I live in The Netherlands, but my heart is torn up between 2 countries, cause I love The United States also.....
Have been living there a little while and I try to go back as often as possible, but I am- just like you- a content person and happy with everything God gave me, even our burdens.....
Bye and enjoy the day, Jen.

Jose said...

Gorgeous card, you made a good job of it

Wendi said...

This is gorgeous I love it