Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mom's Bran Muffins

These muffins are wonderful. The dough keeps for up to six weeks in the refrigerator. My mother used to bake some up, put them on a decorative paper plate, wrap in saran wrap and take them around to her neighbors. When she made them, she always had a plateful for any family that dropped by also.

Bran Muffins
1 15 oz. bran flakes with raisins
2 cups sugar
5 cups flour
5 teas. soda
scant tea salt

I pour all of the dry ingredients in the largest bowl that I have. I stir through the dry ingredients to blend them.

Now add 4 eggs beaten
1 cup of cooking oil
1 quart buttermilk

Add 1 cup of raisins and mix in well

After I have it thoroughly mixed in the large bowl I transfer it to a tupperware bowl with a lid for storing in the refrigerator.


The dough was in the refrigerator for four days. Grandson, Elliot, was here for the week-end, so we baked up a dozen.

I baked another dozen tonight and I filled the cups fuller for a larger muffins.

Bake between 350 to 375
15-20 minutes

makes 7-8 dozen


Here they are, right out of the oven!

A friend dropped by tonight just as they were coming out of the oven. We had two each with a cup of tea while we played a couple of games. They were just yummy!
(the cupcakes, not the games...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl!
Jon

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

YUMMY!
found your link from Amy's (abundant curiosities) blog.
I am enjoying your blogs.
Praising the Lord with you
Blondie

Ila said...

These look yummy!! I'm going to have to try them...TFS!!