Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dry Embossing Challenge

The Creative Corner has a new challenge for this week. It is for a dry embossing project. This is my card. It is one of four that I am making for upcoming birthdays.


Papers are SU's rose red, regal rose and always artichoke.
The stamp is by Sarah Kay
The embossing is from a new cuttlebug set which has five borders in it.
The swirley thing is a flourish design from QuickKutz. I saw this on Jo's blog and after asking her about that die cut, she kindly answered me and I went out and purchased it. The sparkles are silver, yet they show up gold--go figure. The dew drops are from The Robin's Nest.

I used my Lyrah colored pencils--this will take practice, I can already tell!
The greeting was computer generated as I wanted it to fit that punch.

5 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

OH so pretty....love the glittery swirl! Thanks for playing along!

Jose said...

Lovely card, and I see you used your new swirley... love it
Jose

Jo said...

Beautiful card and glad to see you managed to get a Flourish die....it looks wonderful!!

Ila said...

Your card is Gorgoeus!! I love your coloring of this sweet image, the way you displayed it and those swirls...lol...I ask Jo the same thing a few weeks ago and got the die for myself too. I have so enjoyed looking at your blog and lovely Creations!! Have a Great Day..Hugs, Ila

p.s all of the place I mentioned in the blog candy post will ship to US!

Irene said...

A fabulous card, I love the way you have used the cuttlebug.

luv
irene
xxxx