Saturday, September 6, 2008

Stamp Something Fall

Stamp Something's challenge for the week is to do something for fall.
Do go to their site as they have some lovely, creative works of art just for fall!
I do need to say that my card color is not as rich as the colors on the actual card.

I used SU Chocolate Chip cardstock.
The background paper is from Memory Keepers, as are the brads.
The buttons are from SU.
The stamp was in my drawer. I had never used it.

The inside of the card has a poem I found when I googled September poems.

September
When the goldenrod is yellow,
And leaves are turning brown-
Reluctantly the summer goes
In a cloud of thistledown.

When squirrels are harvesting
And birds in flight appear-
By these autumn signs we know
September days are here
Brierly Ashour

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Bev said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!!

Hugs Bev x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful! Love the fall image and your coloring. Thanks for playing along with us. :)

Kim Dellow said...

Oh gorgeous card. Kimx

Rach said...

oh this is just gorgeous, such a lovely poem, hugs Rachxx

Jose said...

Gorgeous harvest card, and a lovely verse too
Jose x

Jeni Glee said...

This card just took my breath away, Joan! It looks like a painting in a museum! I love it! The brads are such a nice touch!

The poem is beautiful and so perfect to go along with this card!

scrappy jen d said...

What a beautiful autumn-card and I just love the poem!
I am going to remember this great poem when I am going to scrap my autumn-pictures.
Hug, Jen.