Sunday, August 2, 2009

Company from Holland!

For over a year, I have had a cyber friend, Jenny, from Scrapbook Paradise, who lives in Holland. They have been in the US for a summer vacation and since Oregon was on their agenda, we arranged to meet!

Last Tuesday, Jenny and her family came to visit me. It was lovely to meet....and it felt so warm and embracing right from the moment I opened the door. There were hugs all around, and then a good visit together in the living room. Jenny is a tiny little thing, and her husband, Peter, is very tall, as is their oldest son, Bjorn. Twelve year old Ingmar is a big boy also, and so friendly. They are just a darling family.

I was most impressed with the love this family has for one another, and the genuine kindness they display to one another. Peter is a "hands on" dad which always warms my heart....and they all smile all the time! It was a privilege for me to be able to meet them!

After lunch Peter and the boys left, and Jenny and I got down to business in my craft room. We did have such a wonderful visit. She showed me some folds for a book, a heart book idea, and in general I learned lots from her. I have always admired her many little scrapbooks that she does.

I feel like I have known her always--the visiting was so easy, the exchange of ideas fun, and it was simply a deep pleasure to finally meet Jenny and her wonderful family. I feel I have been blessed!

Thank you Jenny, Peter and boys for making the effort to come visit this granny. You made my week!!

God speed as you return home tomorrow!

5 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

what fun...glad you had some time together!!

Alex said...

What a wonderful opportunity to actually get together with someone you knew through blogging and have a chance to spend some time together! It sounds like you had a great visit! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

scrappy jen d said...

Dearest Joan,
Thank you so very much for the great visit, the lunch and the most wonderful time we all had together!
We really all enjoyed it to the bone! Like you mentioned: it felt like we have alway's known one another...
So warm....Like a blanket!
Thank you for your warm and sweet words! We really loved to visit you!
Admire you for everything you did and still do!
Lots of warm embraces,
the men and Jen.

sister sheri said...

That's so neat that she could teach you a couple techniques! What a memory... don't ya just love blogland?

Jose said...

Sounds like you had a good time with your friend and her family. Hope you are felling better now, take care.
Jose