Friday, August 14, 2009

At the Beach, and Something from Summer Vacation



These two challenges, At the Beach, by Cute Card Thursday and Something from Summer Vacation requested b yStamp Something Fridays were similiar enough to use this card for both of them.

The card stock is from SU, Riding Hood Red, and the DP is Basic Grey. The stars are bling, and the bare feet are from my first order of charms which I am loving! The little guy is a SU stamp. from Jose, one of my friends from England. She sent me some stamped images some time ago...and I thought this one was just perfect for this card. The picture is mounted on 3D tape which doesn't show very well in the picture.

I colored it with water color pencils. It is on very interesting water color paper with texture which I have not seen in the states. It was fun to work on.

Altho I did not go to the beach this summer for vacation, always in my mind's eye I am drawn back in memory to my blond little boy who loved to dig on the beach over forty years ago.

This card is one of the ten cards from a "One Page Wonder" I have been making the last few days.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely soft, summery card this is. Thanks for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us this week on Cute Card Thursday.
Caz
x

scrappy jen d said...

Dearest Joan,
I just LOVE the LITTLE BEACH-BOY!
He reminds me of my two blondies on the beach....
I did spent a lot of time on the beach with Björn, when he was still allright! He enjoyed the beach sooo very much at that time!
Wonderful colours!
And a heart-warming card again!
Love you, Jen.

Judy said...

Hi Joan. I love this card. Your colors are great and I love the little barefoot charm. Great take on the two challenges. I now have a cute little blond boy who loves digging at the beach - he starts Kindergarten on Tuesday. I'm sure I will look back just as fondly as you do one day. Take care.
Judy

Lynne in NI said...

Awww what a cute card! Love how you coloured you little boy and the bare feet charm is just perfect for your card!
Lynne
:D

Jenni said...

Great card, love the seaside image and the colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining in with the Stamp Something challenge this week.
Jenni x

Ila said...

Gorgeous card...and Beautiful water coloring...love the colors and that perfect charm!!...Brings back memories of my kids at the beach too...Thanks for sharing!!...Hugs, Ila

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Joan. I miss you when you are so quiet! Love the new banner

sister sheri said...

Just precious! You put thought into every detail... can't wait to try those one sheet wonders!

Erin... said...

Lovely card! the embossing looks wonderful adn this is one of my fav images! thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!!

Jose said...

Sweet card Joan, yes it takes me back to when my girls were small and wanting to build sandcastles
Jose

Sue from Oregon said...

I have always loved this image! and I am a granny from The Dalles neighbor!