Friday, February 27, 2009

DARING CARD MAKERS--THINK ROUND

Today's card is for Daring Card Maker's challenge. I had this big stamp sitting on my work table wondering what in the world I was going to do with it..and along came this challenge. As I was working on this card, I decided it would be for my sweet, very bright, grandson, Nick, who, altho bound to a wheelchair, has a mind that soars like the wind. He has just received his semester grades, which are wonderful! The card is a little girlie looking, but he won't mind--He's used to my cards!!


The card is SU pink passion, as well as the ink.
The DP is from 'Berry Sweet' book by K & Company.
The flower is from Prisma.
The bling is from my drawer. I don't keep track of who makes them.
The stamp is one of four that I ordered out of a catalog last year.
The 'Awesome" is from 'Heart and Soul Rubber Stamps". The gal sells them mounted or just the rubber stamp, which is very cheap. She has lots of scriptures on rubber stamps.

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

sister sheri said...

Love it! What fun!

Anonymous said...

Love the bright colours on this card - fab. :)

Vanessa.

Kathy said...

Ohh,, this is fab - love all the circular writing

Anonymous said...

love the cheerfullness of this card!

Sally said...

Love your card.

Lythan said...

What an amazing card. And thank you for linking to Nick's story. It is so sad to read of all that he has had to cope with - and so great to see his smiling face through it all

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is bold and beautiful! BR-T

Martina said...

... what a great card!!!
It´s so beautiful.

MARTINA :-)

scrappy jen d said...

Dear Joan,
How wonderful this card turned out!
Good news, but you knew that we are coming this summer, but....
We did pay, so now it is really happening!
Hold your breath, girl! We will meet this SUMMER!
I will bring you the heartbook and other things...
Lots of hugs and love,
Jen from The Netherlands.....

Bev said...

Fab card! Love the gorgeous colours - brilliant! x