Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Paper Folding

OOh La La had a challenge this week of using folded paper on a card. Mine is a pattern that I learned 3-4 years ago and have enjoyed the cards I have made with it. It is time consuming, so I don't make them too often.

This is SU 'barely banana" paper as well as 'river rock' paper. The SU stamp set is Wild About You. The folding is easy and I have a picture to go with my directions. (below)

You need 5 different paper patterns, cut into 1 in x 2 inches. Fold those in half, open back up and fold the corners down to make the triangle pictured above. You need to cut an opening in the front of your card with an Exacto knife or your cutter. Do not make it bigger than your
template or the papers won't fit. Gently tape your template to the front of the card and turn it over. Tape your number 1 pattern where they belong. Tape to back of card, not to your template. After you have all of your little papers taped down, turn it over, gently remove the template from the front of the card, and mount it on your folded card. For #5, I usually just put a square there and sometimes stamp a flower in the square, put a button, or something cute for the center.

Here's another one using just three colors, plus what is in the center. I was going to pull it apart so you could see the back side, but it is glued too tightly to dismantle. It will look messy, but it is all covered, once you mount the the front onto your card.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Wow Joan that is absolutley beautiful, I love the Orange one thats my favourite I shall try and have a go at this
Thank you for joining us at Ooh la la this week
Wendi xx

scrappy jen d said...

YEP! I also started with WOW, but then I saw the comment of Wendi....
So..I have to come up with something else....
Okay, I give it a try!
Real Dutch: MEIS!!! That means GIRL! What a great way of folding! Really pretty. I have no time to try it, but when time will slow down, I really want to try this! Have a nice weekend, Jen.

Claire said...

These are amazing cards, I love the effect you get from the folding and the designs you've used are great.

Claire