Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Change of Subject


If you notice at the top, my blog says it is about cards, cooking, sometimes, and making books.
Since I am in the middle of a huge card project and am not doing anything new right now, I decided to share a book.....or two.....three.

I have always done books with my kids about our adventures, etc. When they were preschool, I printed out what they told me to write and they illustrated the story. After they could write, they did their own with pictures, and I just bound them with construction paper. (This began in the mid sixties)

Fortunately, by the time grandchildren arrived, I was retired and truly enjoyed putting books together for them to read aloud... or read to them. The following book is one that I did when they were very tiny. When I look at the grainy pictures, I see how far we have evolved with our digital cameras.

So enjoy with a 'grain of salt'--remembering this is back from the days when I did not know much about computers and all of the things that go into a "good" job! Its been a well-loved book, on the nightstand in their bedroom at my house.






In a few days I will share a few other types of books we've made about our "marvelous" adventures!

(Where did the years go? They are now 14 and 15!?)

3 comments:

Jose said...

What a lovely book Joan, I am sure they treasure it. I look forward to seeing the your other books shortly.
Jose

scrappy jen d said...

Dear Joan,
What a wonderful idea to share these precious adventures with us!
Amazing how time flies!
A big hug,
Jen.

Anonymous said...

I love the books. thanks so much for sharing blessings Renee