Saturday, December 27, 2008

Snowed In!!

For many days we hunkered down under the blanket of an unusual, very cold storm here in the Northwest! I was picked up on Christmas Eve by my nephew with a four wheel drive, chained pick-up and went with them to my sister's home, where we were joined by all of her family and my son and family from Salem area. Even tho I have been inside for 19(!) days, with the exception of two outings, I didn't do nearly as much with my stamping as I had hoped to do.

I did make another jar, only instead of covering mints, I filled it with kisses and put the snowmen around the four sides of the jar, as well as the lid. It looks festive and fun!


Then I made these little packages below. They have been on many SU blogs, so I decided they would make a great little extra tuck-in for some of my people.

My daughter had a fondue party before Christmas and had made one of these folders for each of her nine guests. She had them sitting on their plates, all different, and they were thrilled with her thoughtfulness. I think they make great little gifts for any occasion.



Trust you all had a splendid holiday. Happy New Year!!

I hope to have more to post as I am making two of my grandsons, twenty thank you cards each. (They always use notebook paper)

3 comments:

Jose said...

Lovely notecards and wallets, and personalised too. Do hope your snow wont stay for too much longer, and please dont send it over the pond!
Jose

Anonymous said...

Beautiful notecard sets, love em!

scrappy jen d said...

Dearest Joan,
I did hear of your snow! Thank God there is 4 wheel drive and other goodies (chains) to put on the cars....
Otherwise you would have been stuckes in at Christmas, too....
I am happy to read that your Christmas was so wondrful! And what a wonderful little gifts you made!
I wish you a wonderful 2009 and I hope we'll meet coming year!
Lots of LOVE,
MAY GOD BLESS YOU and YOUR BELOVED ONES,

Big HUG,
Jen.