Friday, December 18, 2009

The finished baskets of cards

The basket pattern was from a DAISY Christmas set.  I made two of them, then used the pattern on two sided designer paper, which worked out very well for the other three baskets.  It holds five cards nicely and I have the baskets sitting on the kitchen table waiting for the ladies when they come tomorrow morning for one last cleaning before Christmas.



I know you are all busy, also, at this time of year.  It seems a little overwhelming.  In case I don't post again before Christmas, do accept my warmest wishes to each of you for a wonderful Christmas time together with family and friends, and my blessings for a wonderful new year of 2010.

In closing I would like to share a Christmas Creed which I found on another post, that I found so meaningful.
*************


Christmas Creed


I believe in Jesus Christ and in the beauty of the gospel begun in Bethlehem.


I believe in the one whose spirit glorified a little town; and whose spirit still brings music to persons all over the world, in towns both large and small.


I believe in the one for whom the crowded inn could find no room, and I confess that my heart still sometimes wants to exclude Christ from my life today.


I believe in the one who the rulers of the earth ignored and the proud could never understand; whose life was among common people, whose welcome came from persons of hungry hearts.


I believe in the one who proclaimed the love of God to be invincible.


I believe in the one whose cradle was a mother’s arms, whose modest home in Nazareth had love for its only wealth, who looked at persons and made them see what God’s love saw in them, who by love brought sinners back to purity, and lifted human weakness up to meet the strength of God.


I confess my ever-lasting need of God: The need of forgiveness for our selfishness and greed, the need of new life for empty souls, the need of love for hearts grown cold.


I believe in God who gives us the best of himself. I believe in Jesus, the son of the living God, born in Bethlehem this night, for me and for the world.
                           
Anonymous

Happy Christmas to all of you!

13 comments:

Renée said...

What a wonderful gift! I give cards at Christmas to all my kids' teachers and I know that they really appreciate them!!

Yes, this time of year is always crazy! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas time, keeping the real reason for it all in mind!

Sally said...

Your baskets are stunning.

Love the creed too. May I snag it for my blog?

Merry Christmas & Blessings for the New Year.

Jose said...

Thank you for sharing the Christmas Creed with us, very meaningful.

Those gifts are gorgeous, I am sure all your ladies were really thrilled to receive them.

Enjoy your Christmas and I hope you have a peaceful and healthy new year.

Jose x

scrappy jen d said...

Dear Joan,
What a lovely little presents....
They look so pretty....
May the Christmas Joy be in your heart and soul!
Halleluja!
Love, Peter, the kids and Jen.

sister sheri said...

What an adorable idea! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Sweet bags Joan!! Love the Christmas Creed, tfs...
Have a very merry Christmas my friend!

Jeni Glee said...

You always have the most wonderful gifts, Joan! You are such a sweet, sweet friend!

Merry Christmas, my Friend!

Sharon said...

What great ideas you have. I love the gift card baskets.

Merry Christmas!

Carole said...

Happy New Year Joan...hope you had a lovely Christmas.
Thanks for the poem that you sent to me before Christmas, I've kept it on my computer.
Love your boxes...just perfect :-)
I'm hoping to be a better crafter and blogger now that Christmas is over...it all got a bit too much for me for a while.
Best Wishes
Carole

Anonymous said...

Het sweetie, you have been more quiet than me, hope all is well. Hugs my friend!

Anonymous said...

Very nice bags! Bye from Italy!

Alex said...

These are beautiful!! I hope you had a nice holiday and are enjoying the new year! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Just popped over to say Hi...hope you are keeping well Joan.
Have a great weekend.
Carole :-D