Sunday, September 20, 2009

Molly's Mini Scrapbook


 The gift box with the book nestled inside.

We have a little folded 6 x 6 scrapbook that we like to make for special occasions.  My granddaughter, Molly, wanted to make a special one for her parents' 19th wedding anniversary.  She started it in August and yesterday, Saturday, she came over to finish it.  The pictures do not do it justice.  She wanted it all in black and white with a little pale yellow for contrast.  We took the pictures with my camera, from  my scrapbook from 1990, and sent them to the drugstore on line, asked them to make them black and white, and two hours later they were ready to pick up!  What a day and age in which we live!!




The 'innards' are pretty full, so we have a fairly stuffed little book!!




The ribbon is untied and we are ready to explore the book.
This book has lots of little 'nooks and crannies' which makes it fun!




Here we have the backsides of the two flaps on the top
and the first full page.


At this point each page opens to reveal several more pages.





 
Yes, the young man with the wild wooly hair is my son, Jonathan...
and his best friend, as well as my three nephews.




Molly did the words, scriptures, and poems on the computer.



These two little doors open for more pics inside.




Here's the book somewhat unfolded, but it goes back together again
a easily as can be.



Here are two more little doors to open!




She had places to stick pictures in--the children came
much later.  I'm not sure why she wanted their pics in the wedding album!


Here is the same view with the pictures pulled out of their little pocket.



 
This shows a full page with the little 'doors' opened.















If you are still here, thanks for letting me share Molly's creativity with you.  I thought it was lovely for a little 14 years old to think up.  When she presented the ideas to me, I wasn't sure how the black and white pictures would look, but it turned out well.  Her Daddy will be overwhelmed with this book.  It doesn't take much to reduce him to tears!  I wish I could be a little mouse in the corner when she gives it to them!


12 comments:

Jose said...

What a lovely idea, Im sure they will be trilled with the present. So much detail and work too.
Jose

Anonymous said...

wow, absolutely beautiful!

scrappy jen d said...

Dear Joan,
What a TALENTED girl MOLLY is!
How ARTISTIC!
You must be very proud!
It looks STUNNING!
WOW!
I LOVE THIS! Just tell MOLLY she has a FAN in The Netherlands!
Big hug, Jen and the men.

sister sheri said...

Precious!

So what day am I coming over to make mine?

Wendi said...

Wow wow wow Joan what a truely gorgeous little scrap book I love the black and white idea, something to be proud of, I promise to write soon
Wendi xx

Jeni Glee said...

My Sweet, Sweet Friend, you should see the big, big smile on my face as I look at this creation! It is absolutely lovely in every way! Molly is one "gifted and talented" young lady!

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTLY AMAZING CREATION JOAN!
Such a lot of work...and so many wonderful details and embellishments.
Your granddaughter is very talented.
Love the yellow and black...just stunning.
Have a great weekend.
Your friend in England,
Carole :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment Joan.
Would be great to see you over at PBSC.
Have a lovely Sunday.
Carole

Heather said...

This is absolutely magnificent Joan. You have an extremely creative granddaughter. I've just kept scrolling up and down to make sure I haven't missed anything.
I know why she wanted the children in - two became one, then three, then four became one. They are all one (family)and it wouldn't have been whole without them. Does that makes sense - it does to me.
Please tell her from me it is a spectacular creation.
hugs Heather xx

Ruthie said...

What a great book. It's a real keepsake!
Happy Fall.

Bev said...

I'm back!!! It's been AGES since I last visited (so sorry!!). This is the most amazing work of art my friend, stunning!! xx

Judy said...

How on earth did I miss this?! This little book is just gorgeous, Joan. Your granddaughter has some awesome talent, especially for someone so young. And what a thoughtful and delightful gift for her parents. I think the black and white pics looks great with the colors that she chose. Thank you for sharing this.