Thursday, September 17, 2009

Daisies, etc.

Several weeks ago, I cased these cards from Renee. I liked their simplicity, so ordered the large daisy from D.R.S designs because it is so bold and big. The polka dot daisy came from a package of clear stamps from Inadinkado, which I purchased at Craft Warehouse.


The papers and inks on both cards are from SU and the verse above is from a SU set of verses.



The verbiage is computer generated. The color is from SU water crayons which I used to paint the flowers. I also used some SU pens. I have part of a flower on the inside, as on the envelope.

I used to have a poster in my classroom which pertained to the kids' artwork. It said, "Make it Big, Bold, Bright, and Bump the edges and spill over the sides," which is what I did with the daisies. They spilled over the side!!

(I have to add that I did not allow them to draw with pencils, crayons only, and then outline in black. We had marvelous primary art work which was a delight to behold!) ....but I'm digressing!


8 comments:

sister sheri said...

These just make me happy to look at them! They are so bright and beautiful! I'm so glad you share them.

Renée said...

These are gorgeous!

Judy said...

Very pretty cards, Joan. I love daisies. You just can't help but smile when you see a daisy. I love the story about your students' art too.

Sally said...

Joan,
These cards are stunning. Love how you have the daiseys spilling over the edges. Hope you are feeling a bit better.

Jose said...

Lovely cards Joan, and love the idea of printing part of the flower on the corner of the envelope
Jose

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wonderful card! i love the colors.
Thank you for joining my blog candy

have a great weekend
hugs
claudia

scrappy jen d said...

Dear Joan,
Thank you so very much for your darling comment on my blog!
I think of you every day and I am so grateful to have seen by my own eyes how beautiful your house is and how great you are!
I wish ofcourse that we could meet more often, but.....
Thank GOD there is e-mail and a blog....
Your work is wonderful and I am so happy to enjoy your friendship and your work! Have a good weekend,
Big hug (also from the boys),

Jen.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Joan. The daisy stamp is so pretty.
Lovely memories from your school life.
Carole :-)