Friday, August 8, 2008

featuring food and a rick rack cut edge

My card fits two challenges--CPS #76, part three and Daring Cardmakers.

This card is a little lame. Daring Cardmakers wanted some type of food that reminded us of summer. I do not have any food stamps, so I used a photo from one of my programs. We celebrated lots of summer birthdays, and ate lots of cake, so the picture was appropriate.

The bottom of the card is simply cut with pinking shears to try to imitate the look that CPS asks for. The "diamonds" are a bit overwhelming, and without any stamping on it, I feel like I'm cheating. The papers are all from my scrap box.


Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

shelly said...

a lovely card , i love the softness of it

Julia said...

That photo looks yummy enough to eat.

scrappy jen d said...

The card looks so great!
Really makes you dream of summerparty's with cake and fun!
I loved the books you made....
I know I can understand it when I am not so tired in my head.....
After Björn...I will give it a try, cause it looks FUN to make!
Hug, Jen.

Charity Hassel said...

nice work with the cps sketch!

Kathy said...

What a pretty card - thank you soooo much for sharing it with us

Kim Costello said...

Great card, and lovely picture of cake

Louly said...

Oh how pretty! You've gone and made me all hungry now. TFS