Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Experimenting!!


I've seen some cards I like very much and after some sluething, I learned it is called black magic'.  Karen   uses it with white gel pens and I like that look.  I read her tutorial and then began experimenting...and did  have fun!!  As you can see my stamps aren't perfect for this type of work, but with what I had I was able to make a couple.  I also got carried away with the white gel pen.  I was having too much fun!!


One thing I neglected to do was to make sure my stamp was covered with the white ink and that made a difference in how the colored pencils showed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful experiments Joan!

Jose said...

They look great, thank you for the idea, and the links

sister sheri said...

Beautiful! I love your sleuthing!

Amy Walker said...

Beautiful! I'm going to follow you here! I miss you!! This will help me keep in touch! I hope you're feeling well!
love,
Amy

scrappy jen d said...

Dear Joan,
I like them all!
Good job!
Big hug from all of us,
the men and Jen.

Anonymous said...

Your cards are gorgeous Joan - I love the effect of the white ink. I haven't seen this technique before!
The weather is changing here - we had thunder, sunshine and rain today! Autumn is definitely on the way.
Hope you are keeping well...and thanks so much for your kind comments.
Carole ;-)