Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Few New Cards

This card is from punches and die cuts.  The papers are from SU.

I needed a quick wedding card and used a graphic from The Print Shop.  The flowers have some sparkle on them.  It is very vanilla paper and barely banana.  The inside verse was in one of my folders, so I copied it and used it.  I thought is was a nice sentiment.
The three following cards were ideas I got from Sue, from Oregon.  I had some of these little critters another gal had stamped and sent me.  I just colored them with colored pencils.
Sue, from Oregon, just lives about 60 miles east of me on the Columbia River.  I've never met her, but hopefully one of these days when she is in Portland, we'll be able to get together for a "cuppa".

The rest of the cards are using Red Riding Hood Red from SU and DP that go with that color.







The stamp below is from a set called "Very Thankful".
There is rhinestones on the peacock's tail which doesn't show up very well.
Enjoy!

10 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh my goodness...you have been a busy stamper! Wonderful card sets and your house mouse/nestie cards are perfect...I love that SU! polka dot DP you used...perfecto! I really do like the look that the pinked nestie with the scalloped nestie gives! Thanks for stopping by today! One of these days I will be in PDX! Cherry harvest is upon me now, so not going too far from home as I work at Ore Cherry LOL!

Jose said...

What a lovely collection of cards, you have been busy, I especially love the first card, love the way that flower looks
Jose

scrappy jen d said...

Dearest Joan,
How lovely these cards are! I just love the mice!
Lov, Jen.

Curt in Indy said...

Wow! Your cards are really special! I love the first one, and love how you did the corners on both pieces of the card. Great look. I'm also very partial to the House Mouse images considering I'm on the design team for House Mouse Monday Challenge blog. You did a great job with them! Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

Great cards hun, you have been stamping up a storm, keep it up. Hugs

sister sheri said...

Just beautiful! Love vanilla and banana... what fun!

Jeni Glee said...

Oh goodness, Joan....these cards are so fabulous! I am so glad I don't have to pick a favorite...each one is just lovely in its own way.

Thank you for your message of support for our Brenda....she has been working at the State Prison at Walla Walla for 11 years as a Mental Health Coordinator and is now going to go "on call" working on just the weekends. Working for the state is great...as long as she works 1 day a month, she can keep her insurance. Nice!!!!!

Take care, my Friend....I so love hearing from you. Love ya, Glee

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful selection of cards Joan!
The House Mouse critters are so sweet and I love the papers you have used.
Hope you are keeping well and enjoying the summer :)
Thanks so very much for all your kind comments. I've had a little blogging break - I needed to catch up with family life and get away from the computer!
I'm feeling a litte more creative now - so hopefully will be posting more regularly.
Carole x

Sally said...

You were very busy. Love all your creations. Have been missing your posts.

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Dear Portland Granny,
Thank you so much for finding me through my mother in law, Betty!
What a hoot you two are!
I love your cards by the way and am wondering where you might sell them?
Also so sad to see your other blog closed for now but I sure do understand. I have been tempted at times but it seems people just love it so its a difficult choice.
Thank you for finding me! I'll be back too.
Terry