Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'm off to see the world.....

I interrupt my card making to let you know that I'm on my way to the Mexican Rivera for a week on a cruise with three ports of call.  I've been there at least five times, but always enjoy the ship, visiting the towns, and just relaxing.

This is a small group this time--my daughter Tammy, by brother and his wife, and me.  We'll have a great time.  We're all game players, so I know we will be having fun with that.  I always have books to read along, and Tammy and I are both in different Bible Studies, so we will have to carve out daily time to work on that so we don't fall behind.  I enjoy sitting by one of the huge windows in any of the lounges and just drinking in the greatness of the ocean when we are on the high seas.  Those times alone are wonderful for reflecting, praying and praising!!


Thanks to all of you who have been praying specifically for my back to hold up.  It has and it is!!  I'm praising the Lord for that!!  I'm really looking forward to the sunshine, not cooking any meals, and having all of my temporal needs met--even having my room cleaned daily and my bed made for me!!  Awwwww--I tell you, its the life!!!  : )

Two years ago for Thanksgiving we did this same cruise, only with our kids and the grandchildren and we had a great time.  I will leave you with a few scenes from same area, 2007!




I'll miss visiting your sites!  Until later.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have an awesome time my friend!! This is the first picture I have seen of you!!!! How nice to put a face to the comments, hehehe

scrappy jen d said...

Dearest Joan,
How wonderful that you are on a cruise!
I am sooo very happy for you and the rest of the party!
Please....Have all the time of your life and ENJOY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!!!
I hardly can't wait to read your story about this lovely trip!
We love you and we wish you a WONDERFUL, WARM and LOVING cruise!
Big hug,
Peter, Björn, Ingmar and Jen.

Jeni Glee said...

I am wishing you a wonderful, wonderful time, my Friend!